Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Mind Is A-Twirling

Yes, it has finally happened to me.  For the past few days I just haven't had it in me to blog.  Sure I've been tired and between home and work have felt pulled in a hundred and one directions as of late.  I've been feeling stretched thinner than ever but overall this isn't so very different from how I have felt during much of the past year. There is something very unique (for me at least) about what I've been experiencing of late.  While I've been continuing to carve out the time each day so that I can sit down in front of the computer to write, nothing is happening. Nada. Nothing. Nil.  For what is probably the first time in years, I have writer's block.  I had always heard about this happening to other people but had never experienced it for myself.  Until now that is.

I still have numerous ideas floating around in my head.  Perhaps that is the problem since, while I have all of these thoughts, I am unable to type them out in any coherent fashion.  For the past three days I've been sitting down, turning on the computer and struggling to write.  And much to my surprise, nothing has been coming out.  The first day I thought it was a fluke so I let it slide.  The second day was more of the same.  I've tried writing about serious issues as well as humorous ones but both have yielded the same disappointing results.  I quickly lost track of the number of topics I tried to write about over the past couple of days only to delete what I had written after only a couple of sentences typed over hours.  The more I tried, the more forced and ergo, disappointing my results.

In my attempt to break free I'm writing about not being able to write. Ironically, this seems to be working for me.  In the past fifteen minutes I've typed out more coherent words than I have since last week.  Have I finally broken through?  Only time will tell for sure but I'm taking the fact that this is the first time since Saturday that I've actually finished a post as a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment